Thursday 1 September 2011

Beautiful Butties

On Monday (August Bank Holiday), the girl-who-came-to-dinner and I visited the Wirral Food and Drink Festival at Claremont Farm in Bebington. She bought four different types of fudge and some jars of relish - one of which (the lemon and mint grain mustard) found its way into my fridge. I'd made some butties to take with - home-cooked ham & English mustard, mature cheddar & homemade sweet pickle, and ham, cheddar and tomato salsa - and Hannah brought some reduced-price fruit packs.


Once upon a time you could rely on blagging enough tasters to fill you up but, sadly, no more.

I sampled the "Friendly Food & Drink" mustard the following day - with some garlic sausage from Heron Foods in Liscard: the salmon pink colour may not be that inviting but I do get 36 decent slices for £1.10, and it does actually taste pretty good.


To accompany my butty I had an absolutely delicious cheese scone - a trade freebie from Mary's Homemade Cakes (www.maryshomemadecakes.co.uk) - slathered with real butter and piled with mixed leaf,  radish and spring onions.

The Hovis bread is on special offer at the moment at the Co-ey, down to £1.13.


Bon appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment